There’s so much to say about algae’s internal benefits – but there are also some amazing external benefits that shouldn’t be forgotten. Healthy, glowing skin is all about the food we eat, the nutrients we absorb and the products we use on our skin.
Spirulina has extraordinary antioxidant properties that boost the skin’s defenses against a variety of environmental stresses, and also contains high concentrations of vitamins, minerals and amino acids! Amino acids (aka the building blocks of protein) help the skin regenerate and replenish, and vitamins, minerals and antioxidants increase the firmness and elasticity of the skin while also providing long-lasting hydration. When used topically, spirulina has some serious beauty benefits that cannot be ignored!
BEAUTY BOOSTING BENEFITS
- Rejuvenate the appearance of skin and smooth away wrinkles and fine lines
- Fight acne thanks to its strong antibacterial properties
- Natural anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce skin irritations
- Natural humectant that will keep your skin visibly hydrated and supple
- Helps protect against UV related pigmentation thanks to it’s potent array of phytonutrients, carotenoids, and anti-inflammatory vitamins
BEAUTY BOOSTING NUTRIENTS
Antioxidants: Nature’s way of protecting our cells from free radicals from the environment that we live in, the water we drink and the food we consume. The powerful antioxidants found in spirulina offer a natural defense to support skin health and vibrancy.
Omega Fatty Acids: Serve as essential building blocks for healthy skin, keep the skin hydrated, calm signs of redness and sensitivity and deliver antioxidants for anti-aging results.
Magnesium: Soothes, calms and reduces sensitivity in the skin. Magnesium can reduce redness and inflammation, revealing a beautiful, even skin tone.
Potassium: Purifies the skin to release fluids and toxins from the cells. Potassium is also known to help keep the skin hydrated.
Sodium: Hydrates and draws moisture into the skin cells, keeping skin soft, supple and radiant.
Calcium: Helps to promote collagen and elastin production. The calcium in spirulina encourages the growth of new skin cells.
Iodine: The iodine in spirulina detoxifies and stimulates cellular renewal and regeneration.
Add SpiraVeg fresh spirulina into your summer skincare routine with this easy, at-home DIY brightening honey and spirulina face mask. We can guarantee that this nourishing face mask will leave your skin feeling moisturized and glowing!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- 1 tbsp SpiraVeg fresh spirulina
- Cleanse your skin well first
- Give your SpiraVeg fresh spirulina a quick blend to break down cells and release nutrients (don’t forget, our cells are INTACT!)
- Mix both ingredients together to form a paste
- Apply directly to skin with fingertips or a facial brush to your face and neck
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water and a washcloth and follow with your favourite moisturizer or serum for added hydration.
We hope you love this mask as much as we do! Enjoy!